Thursday, January 28, 2010

Space Mountain


Ruby is pretty tough. She loves to be thrilled. She loves to risk. Yet we pushed her limits when we put her on Space Mountain last night. I told her what the ride was about and she said she could handle it (mind you I had not ridden it in 15 years or so). Phill was not sure, but I said she would love it and no matter what it would not be our lowest parenting moment, that was when we took her into the haunted mansion when she was 2.
She sat with Phill and almost opted out as we sat down in the seat. Phill said he should have stopped this maddness when he realized EVERY person in line was staring at us. When the ride started I was thinking, "Man they made this darker." Then the ride really started, I was screaming and I saw Phill leaning over to Ruby. After a few seconds I could not scream anymore and I was getting sick and thinking, "when is this ride going to be over and I wonder how Ruby is doing." When we landed she was silent and her hair was whisked around her head. She said she was "not sure about that ride." Phill told me that she bawled through the whole thing. He leaned up against her to pad her head that was being whipped around like a rag doll. Thus his neck hurt from pushing against the force of the roller coaster the whole time. We had to sit out infront and eat crackers for a while to recover, then we went and rode Peter Pan. We have decided to boycott Space Mountain and I realized that I really hate roller coasters.

3 comments:

  1. I love your family. Every single member has a sense of humor. Even Ruby; such a good sport with her "I'm not sure" comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When Blynn stepped off Space Mountain she said, "That was awesome" and Todd asked her if she wanted to ride it again and she very confidentally said, "No! That was scarry!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe she'd ride it again with Kellen.

    ReplyDelete