Tuesday, August 31, 2010

VBS


A few weeks ago Ruby got to go to VBS at our friend Hope's church. Saddleback Covenant does does the most amazing VBS. Ruby loves it and I adore the moms who run it. It is so wonderful to see Ruby learning and absorbing God's Word throughout the week. The week ended with a performance. Phill and I have been waiting for years for this type of performance. Ruby did not let us down! She was hilarious and fantastic. Sadly, I think her coordination skills have been passed down from me. I have spent my life always being slightly off beat in any sort of group clapping or dancing. It reminds me of when I spent the week practicing to be in the try outs for the junior version of the Torrington, Wyoming Trailblazers dance squad. I was in 4th grade. All week we had practiced a dance to "We built this city." I never really got the dance or really knew what I got myself into. At the end of the week there was a big try out in the high school gym. It seemed like the whole town was there. My family was front and center to watch. They told us that if we messed up we would be asked to leave. I was the first one out. [Click the above text for a great Youtube of Ruby at VBS]

1 comment:

  1. If you add a new entry to your blog, I will add an entry to mine! Dare ya...

    ReplyDelete